- This event has passed.
How to create your organisation’s ‘new normal’
July 9, 2020 @ 10.00 am - 1.00 pm
During the lockdown we have witnessed exceptional behaviours and actions by individuals and organisations in looking after the vulnerable and providing additional support at a time of worry and anxiety. At the same time we have seen that remote working can be effective, reduces pollution and saves on commute time to the benefit of the individual, the organisation and the wider community.
The dislocation and disruption caused by Covid-19, provides us with an opportunity to make a step change in workplace culture so that going forward Reading is seen as a place where businesses balance people with profit, reward ethical behaviours, prioritise environmental sustainability and are inclusive and caring. Extensive research shows that people are more at ease and creative in such workplaces and up to 20-30% more productive.
We will be exploring several questions:
- How do we capture the best of what we have seen so that going forward we move towards more caring, sustainable, ethical workplaces and communities?
- What are the implications for business leaders? Will prioritising people and the environment hit financial results?
- What can we learn from businesses that are already leaders in creating such cultures?
- How do you create such a positive, ethical and vibrant work culture?
Come and join us on this journey to #RebootReading with more caring, sustainable, ethical workplaces and communities.
Part 1: Leadership insights on the ‘new normal’ (10-11am)
Panel discussion with local business and public sector leaders including:
- Bruce Potter, Chairman Blake Morgan LLP
- Paul Hargreaves, CEO Cotswold Fayre and author of ‘Forces for Good’
- Rachel Eden, CEO Holybrook Associates and Deputy Mayor of Reading,
- Shan Beerstecher, Club Exec AND Digital.
- Julia Guy, Director of Business Banking, Santander
Part 2: How to create your organisation’s ‘new normal’ (11am – 1pm)
A series of 20 minute presentations with breaks on how to create your very own ‘new normal’ split into two streams:
Stream 1: Building great workplace cultures e.g.
- 11:00-11:25 How ethical Super Teams deliver exceptional performance
- 11:30 – 11:55 Neuroscience of leading others through times of uncertainty and the “New Normal”
- 12:00 – 12:25 The ethics of environmental sustainability
- 12:30 – 12:50 Team relationships and performance
Stream 2: Wellbeing in times of anxiety e.g.
- 11:00 0 11:25 Build Back Better – using 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- 11:30 – 11:55 Better business – mindfully
- 12:00 – 12:35 Building resilience
- 12:30 – 12:50 Promoting positive mental health in the workplace
Make sure you plan which sessions you will attending. You can download the detailed agenda from here.
We will be using ZOOM for this event. Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email. Please scroll to the bottom of the email to the ‘Additional Information’ section to see instructions for joining the webinar.